Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Wilton frosting tip can make you look like a professional


I got a panicked call from a dear friend, the night before her mother's wedding reception.


She had 275 chocolate cupcakes that needed to be frosted, sprinkled and wrapped.
I grabbed my disposable piping bags and my favorite Wilton frosting tips and was on my way!

I did not bake any of these cupcakes and the frosting was provided.

All I did was color the frosting, frost the cupcakes, throw on the sprinkles and wrap 100 of them in pretty cupcake wrappers.



The wedding colors were blue and brown, so half the cupcakes were frosted with blue vanilla and the other half were chocolate frosted.


There was a slight variation of color on some of the blue cupcakes because there was a white frosting and also a buttercream frosting which had a creamy tint to it.


There were also mini cupcakes for the desert bar.



It was a long night...finally finished up around 2:00 am.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!


Unfortunately, I could not make it to the reception and don't have a picture of the cupcakes on display :(


Congratulations Dee and Brian!!!

No comments: