Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Niece is a Princess!!!


Every so often I am lucky enough to have a whole day with my sweet niece, Hailey.

The last time she and I spent the day together, I thought it would be fun to make Princess Cupcakes...because Hailey is a Princess.

I let Hailey help me every step of the way...adding coloring to make pink and purple frosting, line the baking pan with Princess cupcake liners, mix the strawberry batter and top the cupcakes with sprinkles, paper Princess crowns and white chocolate Princess crowns. (Made by Amiable)


This was my first experience blending two colors of frosting in a piping bag for a blended swirl look...I was dying to try it and you will see more of it!


In between, Hailey took breaks to eat extra frosting and batter...as you can see in many of the pictures. That's my kind of assistant!



Princess Hailey took a dozen home to share with her family and I shared the other dozen with my Aunt who is also a Princess!




It was a great day...I love being an Auntie.

No comments: