Wednesday, May 5, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes!


Being part Irish, I feel an obligation to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in style....by making some super awesome cupcakes!


One of the most popular St. Patrick's Day cupcakes made is the Irish Car Bomb.
For those of you who aren't familiar, an Irish Car Bomb is an alcoholic beverage enjoyed by many on this Holiday. You drop a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream into a glass of Guinness Stout Beer and chug away! I've had them before...and they can be dangerous.

So...I researched different recipes for this cupcake, picked the one I liked most and got to baking!


This is a Guinness Stout Chocolate Cupcake with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting and Ganache Drizzle. (There is Bailey's in the Ganache too!)



The frosting...seriously too yummy...I could have eaten the bowl of frosting for dinner.


I couldn't just make one kind of cupcake, I rarely do because I like variety.


My favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Thin Mint and when I bought a box this year, I had an idea. What would happen if I used a Thin Mint cookie as a cupcake bottom?



The answer? Total Awesomeness.


This is a Chocolate Cupcake with a Girl Scout Thin Mint bottom, topped with Chocolate Ganache and a Mint Clover Candy. (Made by Amiable)


No comments: