Monday, May 3, 2010

Christmas Minis


My sister Amy...whom I call Amiable (for future reference, she helps me a lot and will be mentioned very often in my posts) and I wanted to make something yummy to pass out to our friends, family and co-workers for Christmas last year.


Our first thought was sugar cookies with royal icing and sprinkles.

We had so many ideas and designs in our head...but when we sat down for a practice session, we QUICKLY realized that we were not going to produce what we had envisioned.


So...Plan B was to make over 100 mini cupcakes, decorate them all differently and package them in cute Christmas tins that I bought at the dollar store.


We baked chocolate, mint chocolate (crushed Andes mints in the batter), red velvet and gingerbread cupcakes.



We sprinkled, stenciled, frosted and topped the cupcakes with various Christmas themes...snowflakes, holly, stars, trees, candy canes, etc.


It was a long night...mostly because of the fondant.

I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with fondant...I have limited it's incorporation into my projects because I have not had the time to take any classes yet and I definitely NEED some lessons.


Again, my family was wonderful.
They gobbled up our treats and told me to keep baking for them! LOL

So I am :)



Note: Please bear with me on the photo quality. At the start of my baking I documented things mostly with my cell phone camera...I promise the pictures get better.

No comments: