Monday, May 10, 2010

Jacob's First Communion


I made First Communion cupcakes for my friend's son this weekend.


His favorite color is GREEN and his name is Jacob, hence the "J" toppers.



Black Bottom Cupcakes!

Chocolate Chip with Cream Cheese Filling, Chocolate Ganache and Green Chocolate "J" Toppers



I made these in layers...batter, cream cheese, chips then more batter.


I needed the tops to be a smooth as possible because I was using ganache instead of frosting.


They were soooo yummy...




Vanilla Caramel Cupcakes!

Vanilla with Soft Caramel Candy pieces, Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and White Chocolate Cross Toppers



I originally wanted to put an entire caramel candy in the center of each cupcake but didn't want to over due it or have the candy harden to much.


So, I chopped the candies up and dropped about 5 pieces into each cupcake :)

1 comment:

Veronica en EspaƱa said...

omg those look AMAZING! I am sitting here salivating...
Congrats to Jacob!!