Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Cupcakes


For the first time in my life, I will not be spending Thanksgiving with my family :(

My parents are flying out of town to spend the holiday with my sister and her family. The rest of us are going in various directions, spending the holiday with our friends or family of our significant others.

To fill a little bit of that family void, I decided to make cupcakes for my brothers and sisters and deliver them before the holiday.


There was something extra special about these cupcakes and my family knows what that is...


I saw these....and had to make them, they are just too cool!

The cupcakes are pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting.

I made an additional two dozen of these bad boys for a new customer who really wanted to impress his girlfriend's family at Thanksgiving dinner...how can I say no to that?!


I made the pumpkin pie slice toppers out of fondant, piece by piece. The step by step directions were great, I did not have any trouble.


I also saw these a long time ago and have been waiting for November to get here so I could make them!



The cupcakes are chocolate fudge with vanilla buttercream.

The trees are made from melted chocolate and fall leaf sprinkles.

Both of these cupcakes were a lot of fun to make...especially for my family :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: