Monday, November 1, 2010

Spooky Halloween Cupcakes


I originally had these cupcakes planned for a Halloween party.

The party got canceled...but not the cupcakes.
Besides, I couldn't let these super awesome Martha Stewart cupcake liners go to waste.
No way, Jose.


I'd been browsing online to see what kind of Halloween cupcakes are out there, and there are a lot! So, I settled on four that I thought were really cool and not too complicated.

I made two different cupcakes:

Red Velvet with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream


and Super Chocolate Chunk with Ganache


("super" meaning I put hecka chopped chocolate in the batter)


I used the Red Velvet cupcakes to make Mummies and Brains!


That's a lot of eyeballs, dude.


I used the Super Chocolate Chunk cupcakes to make Spiders and Webs!


That's 96 spider legs right there!


I drew the spider webs on a piece of paper then put it under a sheet of wax paper and piped the webs with melted white chocolate. Drawing the webs was harder then actually making them. Kinda sad.

Sometimes I think I am a photographer so please find humor in my staging!
I had purchased some Halloween decorations for the above mentioned canceled party and didn't want them to go to waste.

No comments: