Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cupcakes in a Jar


Here they are!
I made 45 Jars of 6 different Cupcakes.
These bad boys went all over the place including shipments to Utah and Washington :)


Strawberry Shortcake: Vanilla Cupcake, Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Strawberry Topping

(I would have loved to put a slice of a fresh strawberry on top but because I was jarring these and shipping them all over, I didn't want anyone to get a mushy or moldy strawberry...that would suck!)



Orange Creamsicle: Vanilla & Orange Blended Cupcake, Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and a Sugar Orange Candy Topper


S'mores: Chocolate Cupcake, Graham Cracker Crumbs, Marshmallow Frosting and Hershey's Chocolate Square Topper


Chocolate Peanut Butter: Chocolate Cupcake, Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting, Chocolate Sprinkles (which I just realized I forgot to put on my model cupcake) and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Topper

Note: This one was my favorite of the batch...the frosting is too good to be true. My sister says all peanut butter should taste this way!


Red Velvet Cream Cheese: Red Velvet Cupcake, Rich Cream Cheese Frosting and Sprinkles


Classic Vanilla: Vanilla Cupcake, Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, Sprinkles and Chocolate Covered Cherry


These were a lot of fun to make but as always, lessons were learned along the way.


Like...finding long wooden spoons way ahead of time so I don't have to use short plastic ones.


Like...using 1/2 pint jars next time so the cupcakes have a more full look.


Like...not eating so much frosting during the process :)


I would love to make some mini cupcakes in small jars...like for party favors or something.
I think those would look really cool and be great for kids.
So...someone have a party and order some from me!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Can I ask you for the peanut butter frosting recipe?
If you were in Hawaii, and if I could afford your cupcakes, I'd order for my daughter's first birthday party!