Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Butterflies for my FAVORITE Seven Year Old!


Tomorrow is my niece Hailey's 7th Birthday and she had a Pool Party on Saturday to celebrate.


The theme was butterflies so I sent my sister Sara some ideas and this is what Miss Hailey wanted.


I will admit, this was one of my most challenging tasks to date...but once I got it, I was very pleased with the result.



The cupcakes are vanilla...the only kind of cake my sweet niece will eat.

All the frosting is vanilla buttercream colored to match the party decor.

The butterflies are hand made with melting chocolate and sprinkles.



I also made a small cake for the candles...which ended up being a not so small four layer cake with each color in between the layers for a cool look when the cake was sliced.


She loved it which was all I wanted.


No comments: