Monday, August 2, 2010

Neapolitan Cupcakes


Saturday was the ARCHULETA (my father's side) family reunion.

Sunday was a Birthday Brunch for my friend Rachel.
I made Neapolitan Cupcakes for both occasions.

Here are the reunion cupcakes:


It doesn't show too well in the picture, but they say "Archuleta Family".
The additional cupcakes have small fondant flowers, hearts and mini pueblos.
The strawberry cupcakes were my favorite...


I did not take a picture of the pueblos because for some horrible reason, my fridge decided to stay open a crack the one night these cupcakes were in there and a massive amount of moisture developed making the fondant toppers become covered in condensation...and making me cry in the morning when I had no time to redo them or remove them without destroying the cupcakes.

I snapped a photo with my cell phone the night before and sent it to my sister with the following caption: "crappy pueblos" because I am not particularly proud of how they came out but I was exhausted and couldn't bring myself to redo them. I'm sorry family.


At least people knew what they were...or they pretended to out of kindness.

Either way, my family thought they were cool which is all I wanted.


I saved a dozen for Rachel's Birthday Brunch on Sunday.
Here she is, isn't she pretty? :)

No comments: