Monday, August 9, 2010

San Francisco 49er Cupcakes and Hydrangea Cupcakes


My friend's son, Jacob turns 9 today.

He celebrated at the Fremont water park on Saturday.


He ordered these cupcakes personally and was very specific about what he wanted:
Vanilla Cupcakes, Red Frosting and 49er Toppers.

You got it Birthday Boy :)



The footballs and grass are made with fondant.

The frosting is dusted with gold pearl dust.

I bought the 49er helmet toppers at Cake Works aka MY FAVORITE STORE.

I knew I would have extra cupcakes left over from this order, as it was only for a dozen.


I saw
these beauties and figured I would give them a try.
Not bad but I think if I ever do them again I'll use swiss meringue buttercream so they flop a little bit for a more realistic look.



Oh...and how awesome is this cake stand???
Super awesome, I think.


No comments: