Sunday, May 19, 2013

Jacob

I know this kid named Jacob...and he has become a huge part of our lives here.
I met Jacob when he was 4 months old when I started taking care of him five days a week.
He has turned into Ethan's best little buddy and in April, Jacob turned ONE.

His mommy was throwing a Barn Yard themed birthday celebration and requested some delicious cupcakes and smash cake for the event.


Jacob is very special to me so I wanted to make sure when he looked back at pictures from this day, he says "Damn, my cake and cupcakes were awesome!" Well, maybe without the bad word, but still I wanted it to be perfect.


The cupcakes were Vanilla Cheesecake and Chocolate, both with Fresh Strawberry Filling.


The smash cake was Chocolate also with Fresh Strawberry Filling - just no glaze and a thin layer of buttercream to prevent a sugar overload.

Everything was covered with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream.



I purchased the Cupcake picks from the local Bakers Boutique.


The cow spots are black Marshmallow Fondant and the barn cake topper is a bird house I bought at Michaels and painted myself.


I knew Jacob would be a great cake smasher...but I didn't know he would be the BEST CAKE SMASHER in cake smashing history!



He did not disappoint.

It was an awesome day and I am blessed to have been a part of his first year.


Happy Birthday Jacob!

No comments: