Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Theme 1st Birthday

Could the theme be any cuter?

I had so much fun with this order, maybe because it helped me get excited for my own kid's 1st Birthday which is coming up.

The Birthday Girl's mama was specific about what she wanted and sent me links to this adorable cake from One Charming Party and these adorable cupcakes from My Cake School Blog aka one of my new favorite blogs!

Once I knew of the theme, I suggested the Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops which I had made before and those were added to the order : )

Smash Cake:
6" Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cake with Milk Chocolate Ganache Filling/Topping frosted with Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream and topped with a Chocolate Buttercream "Melting" Ice Cream Cone & Sprinkles





Cupcakes:
Chocolate-Chocolate Chip & Vanilla Cupcakes frosted with Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream and Milk Chocolate Ganache and topped with an assortment of Sprinkles & Nuts





I almost forgot the fondant cherry on top!



Cake Pops:
Chocolate & Vanilla Cake balls on Sugar Ice Cream Cones shaved to mini size dipped in Vanilla & Chocolate Coatings topped with Sprinkles and M&Ms (Yellow = Vanilla, Red = Chocolate)



I flipped over the box from our our cup of noodles, cut some holes in the top and it worked perfectly for the cake pops.



There was a handful of the cake ball mixture leftover, so of course I made myself some cake balls.
There's Ethan...mad that I stopped giving him cake crumbs, can you tell?


Yum!

I also put these together with some of the extra cupcakes and buttercrea, just for me and my man <3


Happy 1st Birthday Brooklyn!!!

1 comment:

Britni E. said...

Everything turned out so great!! Thank you so much! Everyone loved your work.. :)) will be sending some people your way :))

Britni