Monday, April 2, 2012

Very Yummy Cake Pops

Some friends from High School were celebrating an upcoming wedding and wanted some cake pops for the Bridal Shower.

The wedding colors are Black and Teal....just like my favorite hockey team ; )

I completely failed at taking progress photos...again.
Sorry.

I wanted to try a few different designs and was pleased with how they came out.

These are Vanilla Cream Cheese with a Vanilla Shell.
I drizzled them with Dark Chocolate and a small Fondant Flower.


These are Dark Chocolate Fudge with a Dark Chocolate Shell.
I drizzled them with some of the Teal colored Vanilla Coating.


I made these two batches with a flat bottom so they can be displayed on a plate or tray.

These ones are a mixture of both Vanilla and Chocolate and were made to be displayed in a vase or something.


The hardest part of this whole process?
The ribbon! But I think they added a great touch.


Well, actually...it might be a tie between the ribbon and the packaging.
Cake Pops are a fragile treat and once I figured out how to do it, it worked great but it took a lot of trial and error to get there.
I ended up using the bottom of a mini cupcake carrier and some of my Johnny Cupcakes carriers.
I was able to use a regular box for the round Cake Pops and some mini liners to protect the shells from banging up against each other.



Let's hope all this packaging kept these pops safe and sound until the shower!


Congratulations Danielle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honestly, it is the cake pops that are quite tricky to arrange. But I think it’s better to keep it upside down than arrange them sideways. There is more chance that they would bump with each other and ruin the beautiful coating. Cheers!

Lisa Thompson @ Controlled Color, Inc.