Friday, September 17, 2010

Chocolate Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops


Remember these?

Well, I've been itching to make more but in a different flavor and design.
Bakerella, being the super cake pop genius that she is - has soooo many ideas to choose from.

Feel free to buy me her new book that just came out, I haven't gotten it yet.
Thanks :)


Anyways, I decided on CHOCOLATE...because I love it!

I baked a 9x13 devils food cake then smooshed it all together with some chocolate frosting.


I rolled a tray of large balls for the cones and a tray of small balls for the pops.



I had to trim down the sugar cones, which was harder than I thought it would be but it worked out okay since the chocolate drizzled over my jagged edges.



I like the idea of using some strawberry flavored melting chocolate with the chocolate cake, then I figured I might as well do regular chocolate and white chocolate too for the whole ice cream effect.



I wanted to make a 3 scoop cone but totally forgot, bummer.



I had a tough time dipping the regular cake pops in the strawberry melting chocolate because it was a little thicker than the others, but I managed to create a few decent ones.


My next cake pop adventure will be these, I already bought the candies which were on sale :)