Monday, July 12, 2010

Julie's Graduation Party.....and my biggest order to date!


My brother's girlfriend, Julie just graduated from college...Congratulations!!!


She had a big party to celebrate yesterday.
She ordered 150 cupcakes and a cake for the event.



I decided I wanted to paint my cupcake tree for the first time...with many times to come, I'm sure.



Julie's school colors are Blue and Red.

Julie has great taste...rich and delicious, so get ready do drool.


The cake is Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate with Dark Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Fillings, covered in Raspberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream with a Dark Chocolate Ganache drip, Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate Swirls along with some Dark Chocolate Ganache filled Raspberries.


Did you get all that?
Oh Yeah, and the Graduation Hat is made with a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Square :)



75 Dark Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes with Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream (aka HEAVEN) and Dark Chocolate Shavings.



75 Vanilla Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream and Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel Graduation Hats with Twizzler tassels topped with a Red mini M&M.


(The chocolate cups underneath the Ghirardelli squares are solid milk chocolate, hand molded by my sister and assistant, Amiable)

Note: All the chocolate used in these recipes was Ghirardelli!



Since I live about 20 miles from Julie's place, I decided it was safest and smartest to frost all the cupcakes on site.
I would die if they were damaged en route to the party.


This is where Amiable, my assistant for the day comes in.

I frosted and she sprinkled and topped the cupcakes.

We were a little factory in Julie's living room.



THANK YOU to Julie's parents for being so accommodating and such great hosts!

THANK YOU Julie for wanting such delicious sweets and being my first large order.

THANK YOU Ken (my brother, Julie's boyfriend) for paying me! Haha!



I am already looking forward to the next time I get to paint my cupcake tree and make another huge batch of cupcakes :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They were awesome!!1 Just so everyone knows....(shhh, don't tell Julie) but....a cupcake with a large glass of milk can be a great breakfast!

just saying....

Ken

carisnell said...

My goodness! I love your cupcake tree!! How did you make it???

Your Happy Baker said...

Cari...check out:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/we2.html

This is where I purchased both my cupcakes trees, a round one and a square one. They can be painted and decorated however you want and however many times you want! They even have instructions on how to decorate and assemble! :)