Monday, July 9, 2012

Fiesta 1st Birthday

I took this order knowing it was for a party the same day as my son's 1st Birthday Party.
I. Am. Crazy.

The theme was Fiesta!

There were 4 flavors of cupcakes:
Banana Cake with Caramel Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Bottom and Cookies n' Cream Frosting
Yellow "Hostess" Cupcakes with Ganache

The Lemon and Banana Cupcakes were both decorated with a donkey pinata piped on with different colored Buttercream.



The Oreo and "Hostess" cupcakes were left with their natural looks.



Then, there's the smash cake for the Birthday Girl.

I used my giant cupcake pan to bake a Yellow cake, fill it with Ganache in between the top and base then cover it with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream and pretty fondant flowers.




This was my first time covering a giant cupcake base with fondant...it took a couple tries but I finally got it. It's definitely not as easy as it looks.

Happy 1st Birthday Adele!

No comments: