Monday, January 9, 2012

UNO Themed 1st Birthday Cupcakes!

How cute is that theme? If it wasn't a friend of mine who thought of it, I'd steal it.

A friend from High School asked if I could make some cupcakes for her daughter's first birthday party and the theme was the UNO card game.

She asked for the Rainbow Cupcakes seen here and here since the four UNO colors make for a great rainbow cupcake...RED, YELLOW, GREEN and BLUE.



I incorporated the BLACK from the card game by using black cupcake liners.


I made one big batch of Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream and split it up four ways to get each color.


I made three different toppers...1 Cards, Wild Cards and UNO Cards.
All the toppers were made with homemade Marshmallow Fondant except the Black.



This was my inspiration picture that I had to look at a million times....like my cupcake oven mitten? Target.


I was pretty pleased with the finished product.

After a night in the refrigerator, there was a bit of sweating from the Black fondant which gave it a slight shiny look which I wasn't thrilled about.




Here are the cupcakes on display at the party:


Happy Birthday Morgan!

No comments: