Monday, March 21, 2011

Solis Wedding 03/18/2011


My co-worker got married on Friday!


His new bride asked me to bake them some yummy cupcakes and small top tier cake for the occasion.


The colors were
Horizon Blue with White and Silver accents.
Her cake topper was the silver double hearts as well as this design being accented on many other wedding items and decor.


She requested a square cake tower with a square cake on top.

She asked for blue cupcake liners, white frosting and blue flower garnishes. Originally we were going to use silver dragees for the center of the flowers but after a bit of research I learned they are not exactly considered edible or approved by the FDA - so we opted for a dab of buttercream instead just to be safe.

I decorated the cupcake tower by painting it white, lining it with matching blue ribbon and a thin string of silver pearls.
I crafted some bows with the extra ribbon (totally not at work) and pinned them to each corner of the cupcake tower with small silver double heart.


The cupcakes are Devils Food cake with chocolate chunks.


They were frosted with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream and topped with small blue flowers made with vanilla fondant.


The top tier cake was two layers of the same cake, filled and frosted with the same buttercream. It was accented with a combination of the same small blue flowers and two other larger sizes.


I was so pleased to see that my blue ribbon on the tower matched the decorative cloth on the cake table perfectly and that the small double hearts sprinkled on the table were the same exact ones I used.


The cupcakes traveled perfectly, although in my rush to set-up I bumped 4 or 5 of them. The wedding started at 6:00 so I left my house for Brentwood at 3:00 but with the awful weather and traffic, it took me 2 1/2 hours to get there.
I was able to get everything set up and looking beautiful just in time :)


Congratulations to Jimmy and Brianna Solis!!!

No comments: