Friday, March 23, 2012

WARNING: This post contains cake nudity!

A friend of mine wanted a bOObie cake for her son's 21st birthday celebration...talk about a cool mom!

The cake needed to feed about 50 people so she wanted the cake to extend to the waistline.
We went over a few options as far as the attire or lack there of and settled on a red corset and lace covering the bOObie so that the nipples were visible but not totally in your face.

Ganache!




I could take pictures of chocolate chips all day.

I smeared the Ganache all over the Marble Cake.



I used leftover cake carvings to form the bOObies.



I covered the carved cake with lots of Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream.


Then, my boyfriend who suddenly became Mr. bOOb Expert informs me my bOObies look fake.
Ummm, they are fake - but I understood what he meant.

So I gave my cake a bOOb job.



Much better.
I hate it when my boyfriend is right.

I used some fondant to make the nipples and put them right on top of the buttercream so that when I layed the fondant over it, it was a little more realistic.


I covered the whole cake in marshmallow fondant and painted the nipples - Hee Hee.


I used heart shaped cookie cutters to make the bows after I failed 3 times in a row to make actual bows.

 

Last, I used a store bought black frosting to pipe on all the lace. 





I must say, this is one of my favorite cakes.
Hope the Birthday Boy loves it....I mean, them ; )

 

THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO MY SISTER, ADINA! XOXO

No comments: