Monday, March 12, 2012

Ni Hao Kai-lan WHO?

Thank You, Google for filling me in on the cartoons that are on TV these days.
Ethan is not old enough for TV so I am completely out of the loop.

Meet Ni Hao Kai-lan, she's quite the Nickjr star!


The Birthday girl loves Ni Hao Kai-lan so that's what she got.

The cake is Red Velvet with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream.


I was given this book by a friend and there are so many old school piping designs that I want to learn and use on my cakes.


This cake was the perfect opportunity to try something new, since it was an all buttercream cake.
I chose this design, simple but it adds a lot to the cake.



I wanted to do it in yellow but decided to be safe in case I failed miserably.
Next time : )

The sugar melt-in edible image topper was provided to me by the Birthday Girl's grandma.
Super easy.



Happy Birthday Edyn!

No comments: