Monday, October 3, 2011

Junior Huskies Cheerleading

My niece Hailey is a cheerleader...and a damn good one if I do say so myself!
Here she is shaking her hips!


She asked me if I would make her team cupcakes the next time they were in my area for a game, and of course I said yes!

She was very specific about what she wanted...footballs and pom poms.
Well, she got the footballs.

I decided that I just wouldn't be happy with fondant pom poms, so I opted not to make them unless they were going to look good and be satisfactory to Hailey...she would definitely let me know if they weren't.

Hailey cheers for the Fremont Junior Huskies and their colors are Orange, Black and White.

I had made orange, white and black buttercream and hoped to make them really cool looking by blending them together for a swirl effect...but it didn't work out so great.

So...after piping this color combo on a dozen cupcakes, I scraped it off and made a new clean batch of white buttercream.

Here's Ethan hanging out with me while I pipe on the new buttercream.
I love him, he's so cute.


A dozen cupcakes got the white buttercream, some orange and black sprinkles and fondant toppers.




The other dozen cupcakes got green buttercream grass and chocolate fondant football toppers.



The girls ate them all up and all said "THANK YOU, ERIN" in unison up to the bleachers where I was sitting...and taking pictures.


I asked my niece to step aside so I could get a photo of her alone, and she posed like this.
I love her.

No comments: