Sunday, October 23, 2011

Freddy Krueger Birthday Cake

Remember this cake?
Well, this birthday boy wanted another spooky cake for his party and this time he wanted Freddy Krueger's famous glove.

The cake is Red Velvet, filled and frosted with Cream Cheese Buttercream - must be his favorite.



I carved out a collar and made the cake look like Freddy's sweater by covering it with red and black fondant.


I used Rice Krispy Treats to shape a hand, then covered it with some fondant and gumpaste.
I brushed the whole thing with a little bit of silver to give it a metal look.

Then, I literally took a knife a cut the claw marks going down the cake.


Once everything was in it's place, I used some whisked Raspberry Jam and food coloring for the blood and made a mess.


Happy Birthday Gage!!!

No comments: