Saturday, August 13, 2011

Housewarming....Cake!

A few weeks back, my buddy CharLOTT sent me this link to a pink lemonade cake recipe by Paula Deen and said it sounded super yummy.

So, I promised her when she moved into her new house (closer to me) I would bake it for her as a housewarming gift!

Pink lemonade cake/cupcakes has been on my list of things I want to bake for a long time, so I jumped at the opportunity to finally cross it off the list.

I followed the cake recipe exactly, only adding a bit of pink food coloring to make the cake really pop.




I used my usual swiss meringue buttercream recipe instead of the one listed, just because it's my favorite.
I did use about 7-8 tablespoons of the frozen pink lemonade concentrate though.
I left the buttercream white because I thought it would look pretty with the pink cake when you sliced it.


I wanted to make this a rose cake, inspired by i am baker.
Check her out...she is simply amazing.
You'll probably never read my blog again after seeing her stuff, she's that talented.

I went with smaller roses, just to be different.



Not bad, eh?


Happy Housewarming CharLOTT!


No comments: