Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Babies like Cupcakes too!

I was asked by one of my regular customers if I could squeeze in an order of cupcakes for a Baby Shower on the 6th, the same day as the wedding I was working on all week.

I told her I could do it if she was willing to meet me on the way to my delivery in Oakland on Friday.
She agreed : )
I've got great customers.

She requested 4 dozen cupcakes: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet and Vanilla Strawberry Cheesecake

She wanted White, Pink and Brown buttercreams with White and Pink heart toppers.


She wanted the guests to be able to identify which cupcakes were what so I matched up the buttercreams with the cupcakes:

Red Velvet with Vanilla Buttercream, Chocolate with Chocolate Buttercream:


Vanilla Strawberry Cheesecake with Strawberry Buttercream, Vanilla with Vanilla Buttercream:


 The Vanilla Strawberry Cheesecake cupcakes are becoming one of my favorites to bake...because those are leftovers that I always keep for myself!

I diced up some fresh strawberries and mixed them with a couple tablespoons of glaze then scooped a spoonful out of the center of the cupcakes and put a nice dollop of the strawberries and glaze into each cupcake.



Here's what it looks like when you bit into it....Mmmmmmmm!


I meant to get a picture of the awesome 24 count cupcake containers I found at Edwards Cake & Candy Supplies aka My New Favorite Store....but I forgot, so here's a shot of all the cupcakes together in the carrier without the top : )

No comments: